Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hunting continued, and a new passion

  • 16 email enquiries lodged to agents
  • 5 inspections
  • 2 application submitted
Yes, I'm keeping track! Another house inspection yesterday, beautiful little unit, freshly painted and carpeted, lots of natural light, good location, and a tiny yard big enough for the clothes line and not much else (low maintenance! Put in an application on the spot, and as they checked my references yesterday, I'm hoping to hear back in the next day or two. *crosses fingers, toes, arms, eyes* Also got to drop in on the Porter Av. boys for a few hours, and have lunch with the muso, yay for people in the real world!

In the mean time, I've decided to start something of a new blogging project. After many months of reading my favourite blogs (links in My Inspirations -->), I've decided to start a regular segment aimed at new university students. Many a time my friends and I have sat talking about uni, wishing that someone had told us this or that when we started. As my own brother is starting uni in the new year, and I'm anticipating all sorts of questions from him, I figured why not share with everyone else too? So, every Wednesday from the 4th January, I will be attempting to blog something helpful for those living as students, be it academic advice, budgeting tips, or the best spot for a cheap beer! If you have any suggestions, or questions you'd like answered, feel free to leave a comment or drop me a line!

As well as the "Been There, Done That" Guide (I'm still working on a name =P), Friday is foodie day! I love cooking, and am rather languishing at the moment without a proper kitchen to play in. Figuring out what to do with the meagre pickings of a uni student's pantry has always been a challenge, and over the years, my friends and I came up with many ways to make your dollar go further. So I'll be blogging some of my favourite recipes, as well as those that got me through those months where I had stuff-all other than rice in my cupboard! Might also throw in a blog or two on good places to eat out, for those weeks when money magically remains in the bank account!

So, my readers! What would you like to see me blog about? Any burning questions you want answered?

No comments:

Post a Comment